My cover

My cover
Nell and her oranges

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Darling Strumpet in San Diego!

Last weekend I attended the Historical Novel Society conference, held this time in San Diego.  I greatly enjoyed participating in the panel on making characters believable, moderating the panel on maritime history, and signing books on Saturday afternoon, as well, of course, the opportunity to meet so many authors, bloggers, and other interesting types.

One of the highlights for me, however (though I admit I was nervous!) was that my heroine Diana Gabaldon, who was once again organizing the Saturday Night Sex Scenes readings, not only chose the Nell-Rochester scene as the finale, but also read the narration herself!  I was also honored to have the enormously talented C.C. (Chris) Humphreys reading the part of the Earl of Rochester.  Actually, it was his idea for us to do it as a scene!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrB5J_Lk27g

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gillian, I'm sorry I missed your reading on Saturday. My panel on Jewish historical fiction was on Sunday and I wanted to get a good night's sleep that night. Of course, after Deni Dietz's reading in which her heroine was impaled upon the hero's erection sleep took awhile. I'm sorry I did not get a chance to meet you. I'm planning on attending the London conference. Maybe we'll meet then.